Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Poetry in stitches

I love books, I love knitting, and I love knitting books!! Especially those about Nordic knitting. "Poetry in Stitches" by Solveig Hisdal, is one of my favourite knitting books.

Solveig Hisdal is a Norwegian designer of clothing and textiles. She has visited museums all over Norway in search for inspiration from the past. The results for this knitting book are amazing to me: the designs, the colors, the pictures...

Next to a pattern for a baby-cap and pullover, I even recognised a beautiful lullaby from Hardanger (Byssa, byssa, badne.....). Lovely!




I knitted a top (photo on the right) from her book. I enjoyed this project, I admire the style of this designer. More projects will surely follow!

The model from the book.
The top I knitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment