Tuesday, July 10, 2012

First steps into the World of Sewing

Some time ago, I read this article in the magazine that comes with my newspaper. It is about a famous blogging lady in Flanders, Madame Zsa-Zsa. She says that using her book, everyone can learn to sew a skirt. It seemed a very interesting idea to me, I had to try this!



"She learned her people to sew skirts"

As soon as possible, I went to the bookshop to buy her book:

Not an easy statement to translate, but something like "All that skirts"

When telling this to my neighbor, her husband came some time later with an old (but well-working) sewing machine. So I started to practise with 20 years old curtain-fabric. First, I made some shopping- bags and then 2 skirts (not shown, old curtain fabric, remember!). Afterwards, I used some fabric from Ikea (shown below) that I bought years ago, without knowing what to do with it.
And yes, some days later, I made these!  They are my first (real) -self-sewed- skirts ever :



1 comment:

  1. Mooi!!
    Ik zag deze stofjes nog niet eerder passeren!

    ReplyDelete